Instructions for visa application to Vietnam
The Vietnamese Embassies and Consular Offices are the only Competent Government Agencies, who are authorised to issue visas abroad.
In order to avoid any risks that may arise when boarding flights or at ports of entry in Viet Nam due to possible miscommunication, travellers are strongly recommended to apply with the Vietnamese Embassies and Consular Offices in Australia to get visas before leaving.
Warning from Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Australia: There has been an increase in the number of Australians applying online for a ‘visa on arrival’ approval letter. There have been reports of visa scams involving online Vietnamese visa applications. There have also been reports of applicants’ personal details being made public by online visa websites. As result, we recommend you apply for a Vietnamese visa directly from the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam.
– We have the honour to announce that the following websites are not legitimate:
http://vietnam-embassy.org, http://myvietnamvisa.com,http://vietnamvisacorp.com, http://vietnam-visa.com,http://visavietnam.gov.vn, http://vietnamvisa.gov.vn,http://visatovietnam.gov.vn, http://vietnam-visa.gov.vn
– The Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Viet Nam has recently received many feedbacks from foreign nationals on the visa online service provided by above-mentioned websites.
– We holds no responsibility for any visa application for Viet Nam provided by these services.
* * * * *
1. General information:
– Vietnamese entry visa (a business visa and a tourist visa) is required for all foreigners wishing to visit Vietnam except for citizens of countries having bilateral agreements on visa exemption with Vietnam.
– Visa can be applied in person at the Consulate General of Vietnam in Perth or by mail/post to the Consulate-General’s address.
– The time to process a visa application is normally 2 (two) working days. In case of urgency, the applicant may contact the Consulate General of Vietnam in Perth for an appropriate advice.
– Normally, the Vietnamese visa can be applied no earlier than 6 month prior to date of departure and the applicant can enter Vietnam anytime from proposed date of entry. However please note that, the visa will be expired exactly from the date as given.
2. The required documents are as follows:
– The original passport which must have longer validity than the visa by at least six month.
– One completed application form attached with one passport-size photograph.
– Application fee can be paid by cash, money orders or cheque (payable to the Consulate General of the S.R. of Vietnam in Perth). One payment is good for a group. Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay, number of entry and purpose a trip. Please contact the Consulate General for further information. All payments are non-refundable.
– For the applicant who wish to collect the passport by mail: please enclose a pre-paid return envelope with clear self address. To avoid a situation when passports might not reach back the applicants before the needed date, please spare plenty of time for the post delivery forth and back. All applications should be sent in one envelope.
3. Tourist visas to Vietnam:
Tourist visa can be valid up to 30 days with single or multiple entry.
4. Business and other types of Vietnamese visas:
Business visa could be granted for single or multiple entries with a maximum stay in Vietnam of 90 days
In addition to the documents specified in (1), the applicant must obtain visa approval from Vietnamese Immigration Department through his/her sponsor in Vietnam (otherwise the applicant can ask for the assistance from the Consulate General).
5. Vietnamese Diplomatic and Official visas:
Diplomatic/Official visa can be applied gratis. Besides the requirements mentioned in (1), the applicant is advised to submit to the Consulate General a Note Verbal or an official letter from the concerned office of the Commonwealth Government of Australia or State Government, Foreign Missions and Posts based in Australia./.